6th Gala of Lviv Honorary Ambassadors was held on October 16. At the solemn ceremony, Lviv City Mayor Andriy Sadovyi presented awards to the 9 newly elected Ambassadors.
Doctors, scientists, cultural and educational figures joined Lviv Honorary Ambassadors, who for many years organized conferences, symposia, congresses in Lviv, presented the city in professional circles at the national and international level.
Such persons became Lviv Honorary Ambassadors for 2020 – 2022:
- MYROSLAVA NOVOSILSKA – candidate of medical sciences, dermatologist-oncologist, trichologist, hair transplantologist, head of Ukrainian Association for Surgical Hair Restoration, founder of Aesthetic medicine clinic Myroslava Novosilska;
- OLEH YASKIV – doctor of Sciences, senior researcher, vice-rector for Science, Director of Sheptytsky Center, Ukrainian Catholic University, President of the Board of analytical centre NGO «European Dialogue», curator;
- TARAS BANAKH – professor of the Department of Algebra, Topology and Fundamentals of Mathematics, Ivan Franko Lviv National University;
- ANDRIY KUZYK – head of the Department of Pediatric Surgery of Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University;
- NAZAR PODOLCHAK – doctor of Science, professor, director of Tech StartUp School Lviv Polytechnic National University;
- YURIJ HOLOVATCH – doctor of Science, professor, head of department of Statistical Theory of Condensed Systems Institute for Condensed Matter Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine;
- HRYHORIY KYYAK – candidate of Medical Sciences, internist in cardiology Department Westpfalz Klinikum;
- OLHA MUKHA – PhD, docent (associate professor), researcher;culture manager and curator; Congresses, Committees and New Centres coordinator in PEN International;
- VALENTYNA CHOPYAK – doctor of medical science, professor, honorary doctor of Ukraine, head of Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergology, Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University.
You make Lviv awesome
Andriy Sadovyi thanked Ambassadors for their active work, for attracting experts to Lviv who unite wise people around them, and make a useful contribution to society.
In addition to the official title, the mayor awarded each Ambassador with a certificate for 25,000 UAH for holding a conference in Lviv in 2021.
Lviv has always been the first among other cities in Ukraine
Keynote speaker of the event was Yevhen Hlibovytskyy – the founder of the expert company pro.mova, a member of the Nestor Group, a member of the Supervisory Board of Public Broadcasting.
He paid attention to how Lviv had changed since the 1990s until today, how an active community had developed and implemented on a scientific basis strategies that had shown results.
Yevhen Hlibovytskyy noted that Lviv has always been the first among other cities in Ukraine. It was the first to offer new solutions, interesting approaches, European policy guidelines. In the early 90’s no one understood its position, but in 2010 Lviv ideas became mainstream.
Trends in Ukraine show that people will choose the city, focusing on quality of life, social perspective, and developing culture. Lviv has its advantages, because it made great progress to encourage young people to stay. Lviv involved city residents in the life of the community, convinced that the city has a prospect, that it makes sense to stay.
Speaker added that the Univ Group even earlier in its strategies saw Lviv as a city that provides opportunities, forms values, and has a high quality of life. The Lviv community has made a huge step forward, but more is needed. And then Lviv will feel less of the crisis.
Support package for conference industry in Lviv in 2021
During the event, Deputy Mayor for Development Andriy Moskalenko reminded that in recent years the Lviv conference industry has shown positive dynamics. In 2019, 812 conferences took place, which is twice as many as in 2018. One international conference that takes place in the city generates an economic effect on small and medium-sized businesses, about 6 million UAH Andriy Moskalenko noted that not only financial benefits but also the added value of each conference event is assessed. We are talking about the development of science, education, medicine, the introduction of new research, the launch of interesting projects. Behind all this are people, their knowledge, competence and new opportunities for the community and the city.
The deputy mayor reminded that such things are in the focus of the city authorities. That is why the city together with the Lviv Convention Bureau initiated a Support Package, which includes financial, expert and informational assistance in organizing national and international conferences in Lviv in 2021. 1 million UAH will be allocated for its implementation.
Ambassadors’ work is an intellectual investment in the development of the city
At the Gala, director of Lviv Convention Bureau Andriy Pavliv presented Lviv Honorary Ambassadors Program since 2015, told about the areas of activity of Ambassadors, implemented projects, even during the pandemic. He noted the priority areas of work for the coming years, especially the invitation and holding of conference events on a national scale.
Andriy Pavliv also spoke about the support of online conferences. Understanding the challenges of the time, the team of the Lviv Convention Bureau prepared an offline studio. It has already been used by Ambassadors for online events.
Lviv Convention Bureau is the founder of Lviv Honorary Ambassadors Program.
Since 2015, the LCB team has been coordinating cooperation with the Ambassadors, who are elected by a special commission. Bureau helps Ambassadors to attract and hold conferences in Lviv, invite world experts to the city for scientific and business events, promote Lviv at international, national events and in narrow professional environments, develop and promote the areas of activity of Ambassadors.
You can watch the live broadcast here.